• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Gone to the dogs!

Mikki Kavich MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Mikki's Frame Shop
So taking an idea from Chapter Leaders bingo....I thought it would be fun to introduce our pets!
I know so many of my framer friends pets and love that we are all so animal nuts!

I have the worlds biggest weenie064.jpg257.jpg064.jpg257.jpg dog Sam! He is solid black and my BF is into car restoration so we call him a "lowered Lab"

I have met several framers pets including Robin's shop cat Claude! Looking for a photo of Sam I found a photo of Claude!

Introduce us to your BFF!

Anyone who's a friend of mine on FaceBook gets treated to many, many pics of "The Monkeys." Here they are, hard at work...

004-1_zpsa53dea75.jpg

Black and white pup is Dundee, who will be 10 years old in June. Freckle, aka Miss Big Mouth, just turned 11 in January. Dunee's a purebred toy fox terrier, and Freckle is a fox terrier/chihuahua/shihtzu. They love going to the shop and meeting customers. And my customers love them too, and often ask after them when they're not at the shop.

Thanks for posting Claude! He is stray that adopted us in 2001. He has become a fixture on our FB Page and regularly helps with the framing. I do have clients stop in and ask where he is if they do not see him.

181035_4100093023266_440402370_a.jpg581272_3981423136593_1446442824_a.jpg

Attack fish

Used to have three Jack Russell terriers but they got old and we lost all three within a couple of years.

Have had a small reef tank for a few years...carry over from a passion for scuba and hookah diving from many years ago....also had an aquarium business back in the 70's.

This attack fish is a Maldives clown, bred in captivity. It's protecting it's anemone........oh yeah and it's female...LOL!

Attack Fish!

Having a friendly dog lying at the front door of a frame-shop seems a great idea. As long as they don't jump up at customers or sniff their legs. Dogs require vaccinations and registration. Are they tax-dectible as the dog is part of the shop-furniture?

Other suitable pets for a frame-shop are as mentioned a bird-cage or aquarium.

My best friend and travel partner, Sabastian John

The+Brat.jpg

B%26S+at+crazy+horse.jpg

It is amazing how such a small furry creature can be such an enormous part of lives, the way this kitty is for me. I took him home from an animal shelter in May of 2001. We then traveled all over the United States, approximately 30,000 miles together.

He does not travel much anymore, however, he is always at the door to greet me when I get home. Such pure and unconditional love. :)

To Sort... 019.jpg
Here are my babies in their summer perch, watching the swallows from the bathroom window.

Onyx is the older sister, and Sophie is the bratty younger one.
I couldn't imagine being without our loves.

Number One Girl...

StellaCouch2012_550.jpg

Stella is a 6 year old Yorkie-Poo, smallest from a litter of 5. Playful, gentle and sweet!

Sarah wouldn't mind my subject line, as she is her number one girl, also!

John

Back