• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Needed G Harvey- Lee and Longstreet

Robin Gentry MCPF

PPFA Coordinator 2020+ Past President 2013-15
Forum Help Team
Certification Board
Competition Board
OAKS CLUB
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
B&J Gallery
Hi All,

I have a client looking for Lee and Longstreet by G Harvey. Does anyone happen to have one they would like to sell? I have found it on line but would prefer to purchase from one of you if you have it. Just respond to this message or email me at robin@bandjgallery.com or call 270-842-3801 with your price and shipping cost.

Thanks Robin

Civil War Art

Dear Robin, I have "Bull Run" and "Thoughts of Home" by Harvey and a bunch of Kunstler & some Schmehl. We're located next to Gettysburg, PA and Civil War art sorta just shows up in a frame shop by magic around here.

Alternate History

I grew up in northern Maryland (Bel Air- Harford County) and have been to Gettysburg many times. If a few generals had made a few slightly different decisions in June 1863, the famous battle fought would have been the Battle of Hanover.

More Interesting, Yet Useless, Facts

One of my former customers collected all the G. Harvey, and (what were those other guys' names) Civil War prints. I must have framed 30 of them for her.

She always laughed at Lee and Longstreet, because apparently Longstreet was on the pipsqueaky side, and that painting made him look as tall as Lee.

To add to Byron's comments about generals making different decisions in 1863. We touched upon the subject of the American Civil War when I was a child in The Netherlands.
Of course slavery was a bad thing. The Africans should never have been taken across the ocean against their will.
Looking back, without the Civil War with so many lives lost, slavery would have ended in the United States a few years later anyway.

There are many events in history, that could have been dealt with differently, but we cannot change history. For example, should the native American people been left to themselves, instead of Europeans invading their land? Should the United States have become independent, instead of remaining in English colony. The US would have gained independence eventually.
Just a few thoughts, that I could have kept to myself, but perhaps someone likes to comment.

Back