• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Gulf Coast - Curatorial Look at The National WWII Museum

Deborah Price CPF

Frequent Poster
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
The Frame Shop
New Orleans, Sept 17-18 at The National World War II Museum (ranked #3 in the nation, #15 in the world by TripAdvisor)

Experience "Beyond all Boundaries" on Saturday evening, followed by a la carte dinner and socializing in The American Sector atrium. For those who want a little more entertainment, The Stage Door Canteen is hosting "Thanks for the Memories, Bob Hope and His All-Star Pacific Tour."
We get down to business on Sunday morning with a curatorial presentation from the museum's Asst. Director of Collections Management and will enjoy a special guided tour through the special exhibit "Tom Lea: LIFE and WWII." After lunch, Joyce Michels will present a class on framing military memorabilia and we will have round-table discussions about projects we have all completed.
PRINT and OPEN COMPETITION. Judging on Saturday, winners announced during the day on Sunday.
Annual Meeting: Elections and general membership information.

Thanks Russ! I think it's going to be a great day and am so excited to show off this museum to everyone. Wish you were able to take some vacation days and join us!

Thanks for posting this.
I have framed a lot of WWII medals, photos and uniforms from both of the war fronts.
I have framed a number of photos from the Doolittle raid on Japan with the signatures of the pilots involved.
We have done a lot of framing for the Commemorative Air Force in Arizona.
https://www.azcaf.org

My father fought in WWII in Germany with the 6th Armored Infantry.
His unit helped to liberate a German concentration camp.

He was awarded 2 purple hearts for being wounded in battle and also a Bronze Star for bravery in battle.
I have his medals and his Combat Infantry Badge.

My father fought in WWII in Germany with the 6th Armored Infantry.
His unit helped to liberate a German concentration camp.

He was awarded 2 purple hearts for being wounded in battle and also a Bronze Star for bravery in battle.
I have his medals and his Combat Infantry Badge.

Neil, thanks for your post, and a sincere thank you to your father for his service. This should be such a great program, giving us a behind the scenes look at their conservation department while also giving everyone the opportunity to see this wonderful museum. It truly is world-class and has great people working and volunteering (especially Vets) there. A friend who lives in NOLA went this weekend to an event at the property that was a Sound of Music sing-a-long. Getting the public involved!

Back