• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Searching for Discontinued Crescent Mat Board

Phyllis Autrey CPF

Participant
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
I've Been Framed
Hi all,

Thought I would say hello in the Corner Cafe as it is my first time to post on the new format and I have already posted this in the Framer's Questions but wanted to cover all the bases.

I am searching for two 32 x 40 sheets of a discontinued Crescent mat - Moire Silk #7208 - color is a deep purple called Amethyst. I had a small piece of this left from a job years ago and am looking for it to do two large shadowboxes. If you have any in your inventory or know where else I could look, please let me know a soon as possible.

Thanks,
Phyllis Autrey, CPF
I've Been Framed
Elizabethtown, NC

Unless you are trying to match an existing frame, I suggest buying a similar fabric from one of the established sources of framing fabrics, and gluing it to a matboard yourself.

Thanks Jim. That is what I've decided to do and had already suggested that to the customer because I figured I would not be able to find this mat board. It's been gone too long.

I actually had a small piece of that board in my "private stash" until I used it recently.
I remember at some point all the original moiré fabric surfaces were replaced by ones that looked more like faux woodgrain. At that point I dumped all those samples.
:cool: Rick

Back