• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Looking for Larson Juhl framed samples

John Heltman

Frequent Poster
Company
Picture Frame Shop
We are looking for something to put on the bare walls:noidea: of our new shop. We will be featuring LJ moulding, so we would like to display some work done by them. Samples are getting hard to find, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has LJ displays they might want to part with? Please send a PM if you have any you might be able to live without. Thanks! John aka DarthFramer

I would recommend framing some yourself.
That way you can use a variety of techniques and the samples can double as sales tools.
The models tend to all looks similar. Fabric mat, fillet, wide moulding.
If all you want is a quick fill of your walls. Ok.

I recently had to repair another one (third I think) of the models I sold in my early years.
They are clearly mass produced. Beware.

I am with Cliff. I would hold out til you had time to fill the walls with your own designs. I had to discipline myself to work in one a week to get it going. Here are a couple of ideas:

I saw a really creative display in a shop somewhere using empty frames, in some cases nested. This might be a short term fix. If you are a perfect measurer, maybe you won't have any, but I always seem to have some hanging around waiting for that job that will justify cutting them down.

I have had good success buying sheet mirror stock to put in "mistakes." It is amazing how many times I hear "I didn't know you could make mirrors!" I usually sell them right off the wall with prices that are competitive with the big box home stores like Lowe's & Home depot. But my mirror frames aren't plastic. This is quite quick and easy.

Also ask your sales rep. Sometimes they land at the DC to decorate the walls, and they might sell them for a low price. Although I do make more of my own featuring the techniques that show off my talents.
Susan

Back