• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PPFA Code of Ethics

Kai Vanuffelen

Frequent Poster
Feilding 4702, Manawatu, North Island, New Zealand
Company
Kai Vanuffelen Pictureframer
In the book 'The Art of Creative Matting'by Sean Hunt and Valerie McClure is shown a picture of the Code of Ethics of the PPFA.
iT READS AS FOLLOWS:

A member of the Professional Picture Framers Association shall
Maintain a dignity of manner

to be continued as we have to take our car for a warrant of fitness

Right. I'm back. Car is all fine for another 1/2 year.

Maintain a dignity of manner and behavior in the presentation of services and in all other forms of professional conduct.
Observe the highest standards of honesty in all transactions; avoid the use of false, confusing, inaccurate or misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
Produce a product of a quality equal or superior to the samples displayed
Recognize the responsibility to properly care for all art in his or her custody
Contribute to the advancement of the profession thru support of industry standards, the education of fellow members and the public at large.
Recognize the authority of this Association in all matter relating to the interpretation of this Code of Ethics.

As I gather, this Code of Ethics is no longer in existence and as such cannot be ordered.
It must have gone out of fashion, members forgot about it or whatever.

Is there anything wrong with me copying this exact Code of Ethics and frame it in the same way, as I like the design, and display it?
It looks good and may impress customers. Whether it is meaningless or not is another matter.

Code of Ethics

Dear Kai, Thanks for asking about OUR code of ethics. I went looking for it on the wall, because I knew I framed it and put it out for display the day I received it. Couldn't find it on the wall so I went lookng and it got taken down when my son rehung the gallery. It belongs on the wall more than the state tax license, in my opinion. I'm very proud of it, I believe in it and I know I'm not the only one???? I think may be you should enlarge your copy of it and make it easier for every one to read. It holds true today as much as it did decades ago. Keep the faith. FRAMERS RULE.

The code

Kai, I take back the nice things I said about you!!! Looking at OUR code framed I decided it needs to be reframed and brought up to date. Thanks for the extra work!!! JUST GIving you a hard time, I'm really glad to get it back on the wall, for both myself and our customers. Thanks again, Les PS: If you want a scanned copy of it while I have it unframed, just let me know?

Cliff, it is on the website. I know cause I pleaded for it to be put there a couple of years ago. It used to be mailed out as a nicely printed certificate with membership materials to new members. I think it got lost is the transition of merging with PMA.

I framed mine, many years ago, and it has hung in the same place, at eye-level, right where the customer is parting with his/her money. It is more prominent than my CPF.

I will follow up on this with staff. I think we could at least get a pdf of it for downloading & printing.

It seems like a great idea to considering making this available again soon, even if it's just a printable PDF file.

Mike

PPFA Code of Ethics - .pdf available

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. After the recent suggestion of a .pdf version of the PPFA Code of Ethics, one has been created for download on this page:

Please feel free to download and display in your shop!

All the best,
Laura

Back