• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Question about installation - more secure than security hardware....

Jerri Menaul

Participant
Company
My Favorite Art Place
We are installing artwork in a behavioral health facility and they keep talking about having a wood frame that is attached to a wall with tamperproof screws or nails, and then the framed art fits into the frame. Is anyone familiar with this method and can you explain it to me? Thank you in advance.

We are installing artwork in a behavioral health facility and they keep talking about having a wood frame that is attached to a wall with tamperproof screws or nails, and then the framed art fits into the frame. Is anyone familiar with this method and can you explain it to me? Thank you in advance.

We did a job like that in Scottsdale Arizona for about 200 pieces not long ago.
It was required that the artwork be glued to the walls and a special required Caulk/Glue had to be applied around the frames and other pieces between the art and the wall so there is no gap between the art and the wall.
We even had to caulk the chalkboards.

I can give you the name of the Caulk/Glue tomorrow as I'm not at the shop now.

I discovered that at this facility, all of the chairs and even the small tables in the rooms are extremely heavy to lift so that they can't be thrown or used as a weapon.
I went into one of the rooms to get a chair to stand on and I discovered that it weighed a ton.

Most of the areas where we worked had nobody in them yet but we hung pictures in a conference room where there was a meeting going on with some of the patients.
Some of them were talking about their anger with the facilitator and one of the patients came up to us and asked if he could have some of the "pointy screws' we were using.
:wacko:

We have done also ,same way as Neil mentioned. You need to ask for your state guidelines for mental health facilities, or the guide by the facility your doing the work for.

Hi Neil:
Out of curiosity, was the job you completed through the GSA or FedBid?
Thanks,
Julia

This job was given to us and spec'd by a design company.
I am friends and used to work with the woman who owns this company and we do a lot of framing and installations for them to their specifications.
They design and work with other design companies but they don't have a frameshop.

Back