• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

G'day

Ormond Williams MCPF

Lifetime PPFA Member
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Ormond's Framing
G'day framers!
I haven't been here for a long time, so I thought I'd drop in and say g'day!

I retired from framing in 2014 and I miss the people, but do not miss going to work every day! As far as framing goes, it's a case of been there done that, but I like to see what's going on in the industry and I really miss going to conventions!

Cathie and I are now travelling full time. Sold the house (=burden) in May last year and picked up a new caravan in July. It's rigged up so that we can live 'off the grid' indefinitely if we wish. We are currently spending five months in Tasmania and loving it!

I would like to encourage all the men here are in your families to regularly be checked for prostate cancer. Caught early it can be treated successfully! I'm proof of that!

It's good to see that Framer's Corner and PPFA are still going well. I wish all of you good health, much happiness and success in business!

Hi Ormond! Welcome back for the visit.

I like your plan (implementation now I guess)!

I've been trying to convince my wife that we should buy an RV (U.S. for 'caravan'), but it's still an uphill battle.
I talked her into renting one for a week this coming summer. Hopefully things go well and she weakens.

I'm not quite ready to give up my condos yet (particularly the one at the beach), but would love to head cross country for months at a time.

I still have a few years of framing left, but I am starting to get a view of the end of that tunnel.

Great to hear from you, Ormond!
I'm at 48 years framing now and I'm still doing it....(I'm a glutton for punishment....:shocked:)

Enjoy and relax.
Excellent advice about checking the prostate.

I am an 11 year cancer survivor myself but it was oral cancer.
Tonsil area, surgery, 33 radiation treatments and simultaneous 6 1/2 weeks of chemo.
I was on a feeding tube for 4 months while I still worked.
I never smoked.
I've been an oral cancer survivor support volunteer for 11 years now to help raise awareness and pass on what I've learned to folks going thru treatment as you are doing with Prostate awareness.

Cheers to you, Ormond and take care.

Always good to hear from you, Ormond!

I guess Australia is a great place for traveling by caravan, with lots of empty spaces and not too many congested highways. That mode of travel may be less fun, considering the traffic around here, but there are plenty of RV (caravan) parks for overnight stays.

Next year, you and Cathie ought to fit your caravan with pontoons and drop in for the Las Vegas show. We'd have a great visit.

Hey Ormond.
Always good to hear from you.
For those of you who don't follow Ormond's adventures on Facebook, you are missing a real treat. Besides traveling in areas unknown to many of us, Ormond is a crack photographer, and writes a pretty good narrative. There's also a real good tour of his Caravan (travel trailer) with its tricked out custom interior.
Safe travels to you and Cathie.

Back