• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PPFA Demos

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
Last year there were a few demo's at the PPFA booth, in Las Vegas.

Are there going to be any demo's this year? If so, do you have the times and who?

These are great, and I want to make sure I can get them into my schedule.

again, thanks

I think Paul MacFarland was just starting to call people to set some up, but I don't think he has any kind of a schedule yet.For a while the plan was to NOT do them this year, but then he started trying to arrange some, so I don't know what state the planning is in.

According to PPFA Education Director Paul MacFarland, these are the free demos at the PPFA booth - I believe 1801 in the Champagne Hall.

Jim Miller 11:00 Monday Topic TBD

(Possibly Meghan MacMillan: Monday afternoon TBD)

Russ Wood 11:00 Tuesday Painted Bevels

Ellen Collins 2:00 Tuesday Three Ways to Mount Paper Art

When I asked the question, I didn't know I was going to be doing a demo. But Paul called me around lunch time and asked if I would do one on colored bevels.

So, looking forward to seeing everyone at the PPFA booth number 1801 at 11:00 AM on Tuesday for a brief demonstration on colored bevels.

Like Russ, I also got a call from Paul.

Mine will be a half hour show-and-tell session in the PPFA booth #1801, at 11:00 AM on Monday. So, if you are interested in learning about a non-invasive, non-adhesive, low-risk, low-cost, quick-and-easy way of mounting flat paper items, join us to talk about PLATFORM MOUNTING FOR DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOS. And it's free!

Re: PPFA Demos - Open to everyone!

These are the four free demos that I know about. All at the PPFA booth - 1801 in the Champagne Hall. These are open to everyone, not just PPFA members:

Jim Miller 11:00 Monday: Platform Mounting for Documents and Photographs

Meghan MacMillan 3:30 Monday: Mat Decoration

Russ Wood 11:00 Tuesday Painted Bevels

Ellen Collins 2:00 Tuesday Three Ways to Mount Paper Art

Back