• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

WCAF Class: Super Staff!

Kirstie Bennett

Company
The Framer's Workshop
This is a shameless plug for my Super Staff class for PPFA at WCAF. I'm really looking forward to teaching this class again. Paul MacFarland said that this class for PPFA is not meant to be a "feel good" class. He's right. We will get down to the nuts and bolts of hiring legalities as well as work on ways to train that will increase employees' sales techniques and keep everyone motivated to stay. And if they leave, which they inevitably will, class attendees will have a turnkey system to hire and train again. Thus as an owner or manager, you will not be so dependent upon any one person because you will understand than finding good new people is not impossible, and sometimes preferable. There is no perfect employee. Heck, I am not a perfect owner, but I can teach you how to make being the boss an easier and more pleasurable experience when everyone understands the rules. For the last 40 years, I have always had a staff of about 10 framers, so I have learned to be an employer the hard way. If you ask me if I have had a certain situation to deal with, believe me, I have. And I'm talking about serious problems as well as the everyday challenges. I hope to be able to help you avoid some of my mistakes! You will go home with a written outline and workbook that will give you all you need to hire and train your first or 101st employee.

Back