• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Met my Mom's framer today

Ken Tuvman

Company
Best Picture Framing
So, the inspiration for starting a framing business is my Mom Estelle who's a very talented water color artist in Los Angeles. My Dad was a glazier and a great technician - he was the one called to put new mirrors in the late Cary Grant's home.

Anyway, I'm visiting mom, now 90 and still active with her art - she took me by her framers shop today, Brian Nishikawa BN Framed - what an amazing experience that was - he's a real pro and was trained in the 1960's by the late Ted Gibson in the Los Angeles area - Brian has a signature frame design - unlike anything I've ever seen.

What a cool industry I've discovered! Very exciting times to tiptoe into a new career! So much to learn.

Back