• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Hello...

Carolyn Smith

Participant
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Frame Today - Alexandria
Hello

I am new to this forum and thought I'd best introduce myself before proceeding. My name is Carolyn (or Carrie), I found the forum & joined a couple of months ago when I was trawling the internet for anything that would help me as I studied for my CFF exam. I apologise for just having been a lurker until now but all I was capable of doing during that period was absorbing as much as I could stuff into my poor wee brain. I've been a framer for around 35 years and my friend & colleague who sat the exam with me has been a framer for around 22 years. Despite that we both learned HEAPS reading the books on the list (and anything else we could get our hands on). We've both decided to start on the process to get out MCPF's next year.

I love being a Picture Framer, I love learning about Picture Framing and I love Picture Framing tools... So I'm a bit nerdy but happy :)

Anyway... that's me, nice to meet you - Carolyn

Welcome to the Framers' Corner, Carrie!

Although this forum is only about a half decade old, there is over a decade of technical advice in the archives. By using the "search" feature, you can find posts on virtually any topic related to framing.

And when you post a question here, you will receive quick and helpful advice from experts, usually within hours.

Welcome, Carrie!
I've been framing for 48 years and I still frame full time.:shocked:
There must be something really wrong with us or we really like what we do....:juggle:

Carry on Carrie!
Cheers.

Welcome Carrie, I guess I'm the newly here, I've only been framing for a little more than 15 years.

congatualtions on the CPF and good luck on the MCPF. There aren't many of us (MCPFs), so more willing to sit the exam is very welcome. Let me know if you have any questions!

Welcome! Congrats on passing the CPF. It is a wonderful accomplishment. Good Luck in your studies for the MCPF.

You have come to a great place for advice and friendship.

Hi Carolyn,
Welcome and congrats on passing your CPF exam! It's a very good thing in terms of testing and broadening your knowledge AND distinguishing your self in business.
Best,
Thomas

Back