• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Facebook Promotion for my Customers

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
I bit the bullet and started doing two Grey Owl Framing Facebook posts a week starting this last July. The purpose if to help educate my customers on higher end framing topics. And I can easily schedule these to come out when ever I want, and I have now scheduled posts through the end of November.

I have been getting some good feedback on this effort.

Is anyone else doing this? What are your results?

I don't tell how to, but I do give some [what I think are] some great ideas, and some steps they may not no about, and I do have an emphasis on decorative mats.

If anyone is interested in looking at my posts, please do; Also please like 'Grey Owl Framing' if you do.

thanks.

I bit the bullet and started doing two Grey Owl Framing Facebook posts a week starting this last July. The purpose if to help educate my customers on higher end framing topics. And I can easily schedule these to come out when ever I want, and I have now scheduled posts through the end of November.

I have thought of this and never seem to find time. I think it's a great 'free' idea!!.....the reason I even got a FB page in the first place...but never did take time to do the upkeep of marketing.

One thing I have attempted this week is Instagram. I'm not good at it yet and not sure how to use the hash tags, but I'm thinking those are hyperlinks, right? Anyway, with Instagram, I'm hoping that as I finish a job, I can photograph and post instantly.

Maybe someone out there can add to this?

My wife has been doing FB for the shop for over 3 years. It is time consuming and as for money making I can't see it. The only redeeming quality I can glen is it keeps us in touch with some customers and allows an easy sharing of information. It is a lot like a webpage. You need it, but does it make you any real money for the work put in? My feeling is that the people who keep harping on our needing to be on social media are the people who make money from our being on it and have no concept of what our clientele really is and what they need. Unfortunately, our local newspaper is dying and we are going to have to find some way of advertising that works?

Maintaining a website and FB page are more than enough for me. I don't update either very often, but customers and potential customers do use both to check hours and location, and probably have a look at the reviews. At one time, I updated both several times a week for a couple of years with no increase in business that I could attribute to it.

But on their own, they have never brought a new customer. The Google listing, on the other hand, does clearly bring in customers. It comes up first when you enter our name in a search and includes a map.

We are so few and far between in my neck of the woods that it is not like customers are choosing among frame shops, though a good many do tell me that they are looking for an independent shop.

I have three BB's within a couple of miles of each other, and all within 10 miles of our downtown. They get an out-sized share of the easy stuff, but they also refer some of the biggest ticket items to me because they are not set up to do complicated shadowbox mounting. I am sure their management has thought about this, but there is not enough of this kind of business to scale up for them.

G Day
I use Face Book and Instagram for advertising only. I have the luxury of time to have face to face with my customers. I also have Framed mistakes on my walls to show my customers.

Back