• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

FOR SALE Grey Owl Decorative Mat Instructional Guides - Avaliable Electronically

Russ Wood

Frequent Poster
Company
Grey Owl Framing
I have four Decorative Mat Instructional Guides available electronically, as follows:

1. Colored Bevels [21 pages]
2. Decorative Papers [24 pages]
3. Layered Bevels and Pinwheels [17 pages]
4. Lines and Ruling Pens [27 pages]

These guides show the way I do different elements of decorative mats. I started documenting my decorative mat works about 10 years ago, and have now combined my documentation into these guides. I include some things that work well, and also some that didn't work like I had planned.

They are $20.00 each; all four are available for $76.00. These are emailed as a PDF file.

An optional 10x12 decorative window mat [solid cotton rag] that corresponds to each guide is available for an additional $18.00 [plus shipping] if purchased with the guide. Purchased separately, my wholesale subcontracting prices to other framers range from $20.00 [for the colored bevels] to $30.00 for the other three.

If you want all four electronic files plus all four decorative mats, the price is $140.00 [plus shipping].

Some framers have asked about the examples that are matted with two window mats, and include a print that is mounted [all on solid cotton rag]; These are available at an additional charge of $40.00 each.

The photos in the guides are taken with my I-phone so the quality is not as good as it would have been had I taken them with a professional camera. Also, my grammar is not always the best, but I believe you will find these guides can give you ideas to become more profitable with decorative mat elements.

Check or cash only, as I can't take credit cards on these. And the U.S. shipping charge for one or all mats is $14.00. Checks must be made out to Russ Wood. [and NOT Grey Owl Framing].

For more information please contact me as follows:

Russ Wood
GreyOwlFraming@Gmail.com
303-809-4957
3465 S. Otis Court; Lakewood, CO 80227

thanks

IMG_1051-colored bevels.jpg

This is a photo of one of the variegated colored bevel sample mat that goes with the Colored Bevel Decorative Mat Instructional Guide. It is a 4-ply solid cotton rag mat. You can see the blue, green and white variegation on the window bevel on the bottom edge. Each one is slightly different as they are hand-painted.

This is the contents for the Colored Bevels segment of the Decorative Mat Instructional Guides. This 22 page guide is available electronically for only $20.00. For more information email me at GreyOwlFraming@Gmail.com. Thanks.

Introduction to Colored Bevels:

Colored Bevels and Design Options:
· Mats:
· Bevels as Accent Colors:
· Bevels for Impact:
· Bevels for Texture:
· Bevels for Cover-up:

Basic Methods:
· Wiping / Pulling with the Bevel:
· Pulling / Wiping across the Bevel:
· Taping with Removable Tape:

Acrylics: