• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

7 years?

Diane Transue CPF

Participant
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Transue's Custom Framing
Seven years ago, a lady came in with 5 floor plans . We went back and forth about the framing design. She had to think about it. Next thing I knew, she moved to California. After a year, I returned the pieces to her family's place of business requesting they be given to her husband ( now X husband ) . I typed up a paper and had the secretary sign for them ! Yesterday, this lady phoned me asking if I still had the prints, she'd like to have them framed now.

So glad I had information about the date they were returned and who signed for them.

Diane
Transue's Custom Framing

Seven years ago,

Speaking of that, what do you do with framed artwork? I had an elderly artist gentleman that travelled back and forth between where I am and his home in Mexico. He and wife had an apartment here, a place where they could touch base with their world travelling children who would base out of Houston, Texas. Long story short, but his phone is disconnected, his email doesn't work. They've sold the condo here in Texas. I have 5 framed canvas paintings in floater frames that belong to him that he had on display here in the gallery. I fear the the worse, that he is longer with us. I really enjoyed seeing his wife and his children, they would always come by to visit. Now.....nothing.....for about 5 years!! What to do?

Speaking of that, what do you do with framed artwork? I had an elderly artist gentleman that travelled back and forth between where I am and his home in Mexico. He and wife had an apartment here, a place where they could touch base with their world travelling children who would base out of Houston, Texas. Long story short, but his phone is disconnected, his email doesn't work. They've sold the condo here in Texas. I have 5 framed canvas paintings in floater frames that belong to him that he had on display here in the gallery. I fear the the worse, that he is longer with us. I really enjoyed seeing his wife and his children, they would always come by to visit. Now.....nothing.....for about 5 years!! What to do?
Every state is slightly different.
Here in MA it is "property in our care and custody."
We can't do anything with it unless we file for a judgement against them.

Back