• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

FrameCon 2017 in Sturbridge, MA

Mike Labbe

Forum Administrator
Forum Help Team
Company
Get The Picture
framecon17-768x384.jpg

earlybird100.png

The early bird gets a $25 savings for VIP (2 day) passes, until May 1!

Join us for an amazing two-day picture framing event loaded with education, networking, trade show and social gatherings with other framers.

EDUCATION
Choose one of 2 educational tracks. First, the ABC's of Framing focusing on the basics of picture framing and the basics of how to operate a framing business with Harry Gaston, MCPF. The second is the Advanced Framing Techniques featuring nationally known educators Jim Miller, MCPF and Tim Franer, CPF.

TRADE SHOW
A "mini" trade show will also take place. Vendors and suppliers will be showcasing new products, deals and specials. A vendor list will soon be posted.

NETWORKING
Spend a couple of days sharing ideas, knowledge and experiences with other professional framers. No better way to learn than to learn from those that have already done.

SOCIAL
From the cocktail reception to "breakfast meeting" to a party on Sunday night here will be plenty of time to have some fun and hang with your fellow business owners and picture framers.

Sunday and Monday June 4th and 5th, 2017
Sturbridge Host Hotel
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
REGISTER TODAY
Register On-Line: www.neppfa.com

Speakers:

260f1580-5504-475a-9223-f823b37b64d7.jpg
e066bf07-ad90-40de-8161-6cedaf7277cb.jpg
785ad78e-2f01-4348-8be8-305ed4f409e6.jpg

James Miller, MCPF Harry Gaston, MCPF Tim Franer, CPF Cliff Wilson, MCPF

Saturday June 3, 2017

6:00–8:00pm – Welcome to FRAMECON – Cocktail Reception- FREE
Light Apps will be served. Cash bar.

Sunday June 4, 2017

Advanced Education Track
8:30–10:00am How to Create Great Framing Designs – Tim Franer, CPF, CMG
10:30am–12:30pm Shadowbox I – Jim Miller, MCPF
12:30–1:30pm Lunch (included)
1:30–4:30 pm Shadowbox II – Jim Miller, MCPF
Elements of Framing Education
9:00–10:30 ABCs of Picture Framing Session I – Harry Gaston, MCPF
11:00–12:30 ABCs of Picture Framing Session II – Harry Gaston, MCPF
1:30–3:00 ABCs of Picture Framing Session III – Harry Gaston, MCPF
3:00–4:30 pm Fundamentals of Design – Tim Franer, CPF, CMG
Evening Social Gathering
6:30–10:00 pm Bowling Event – (Requires special event ticket)
Event ticket includes chartered bus, 2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, and food. Cash bar is also available. Space is limited, reserve early!

Monday June 5, 2017

8:00–9:30 am Breakout Breakfast- All
10:00–12:00 Fabric Wrapped Mats – Tim Franer, CPF, CMG
10:00-12:00 Package Pricing - Ciff Wilson, MCPF (JUST ADDED)
12:00–2:00pm Vendor Showcase / Lunch (included)
2:00–2:30pm Meeting and Framing Competition Presentation
2:30–4:30 pm Needle Art Framing A-Z – Jim Miller, MCPF
4:40 pm Thank You and Goodbye

Hotel Information

A special block of rooms is available for $119 per night. Just mention NEPPFA for the special rate. The Sturbridge Host Hotel and Conference Center is at 366 Main St in Sturbridge, MA. 508-347-7393
Register Today!
Vendor Table Top Showcase
Our generous sponsors will be showing their wares. Come see what's new and what specials they may be offering.
Monday June 5 12:00 - 2:00 pm.
Lunch will be served during the Vendor Showcase.

We invite you to bring a friend and join us for a relaxing and fun day of conversation with fellow framers and business owners.
Special thanks to our generous Vendor Sponsors...

AMCI, CRAFT INC, CRESCENT, DECOR, DONMAR, JACK CARPENTER FRAMES, LARSON-JUHL, LINECO, LOGAN, OMEGA, NIELSEN BAINBRIDGE, VERMONT HARDWOODS, WIZARD INTERNATIONAL, and more!

Last edited:
I promise I am not as scary as my picture makes me look.... jeesh, better get a new one... LOL

Seriously, I have been working hard on my Framing Fundamentals class and it is going to be perfect for both new framers/shop owners and veterans alike. Loaded with really good basic stuff that we all can use a refresher on now and again.

It goes something like this...

The "Fundamentals of Picture Framing" course is a series of three 1 ½ hour sessions covering the basic knowledge needed to successfully operate a custom picture framing business. The focus will be in three main areas: 1. A review of common materials, tools and terminology as well as their differences and applications as we discuss the five elements of a custom framed piece. 2. An understanding of proven core mounting techniques that can be built upon for more complex items. Inn addition guests will be introduced to several basic add-on design elements that compliment any custom frame job. 3. Attendees will gain an understanding of the finances of a framing business, tips on retail pricing, learn proven buying strategies and tips for managing inventory for profitability. This course will be supported by physical examples, provide handouts, worksheets and a Power Point presentation. It is intended to be a comprehensive overview of the minimal knowledge needed to operate a successful framing business.

Still working on the final details, but it's close.

I successfully registered for the event following the link but I just don't see where I can register for the individual classes. I know it's late in the day on Friday :smug:, so it must be in an obvious place that I am just missing. Help, anyone?

I successfully registered for the event following the link but I just don't see where I can register for the individual classes. I know it's late in the day on Friday :smug:, so it must be in an obvious place that I am just missing. Help, anyone?
You will be contacted by Email about your class Selections. You did everything properly.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

framecon17-768x384.jpg

FRAMECON IS COMING IN LESS THAN A WEEK!

Get your tickets today at www.neppfa.com

Tickets for the Sunday night social event are also available in the same place. The social event ticket includes bowling alley time, shoe rental, snacks, and a charter bus from FrameCon to the bowling alley.

We hope to see you this weekend in Sturbridge, MA

Saturday June 3, 2017

6:00–8:00pm – Welcome to FRAMECON – Cocktail Reception

Sunday June 4, 2017

Advanced Education Track
8:30–10:00am How To Create Great Framing Designs – Tim Franer, CPF, CMG
10:30am–12:30pm Shadowbox I – Jim Miller, MCPF
1:30–4:30 pm Shadowbox II – Jim Miller, MCPF

Elements of Framing Education Track
9:00–10:30 ABCs of Picture Framing Session I – Harry Gaston, CPF
11:00–12:30 ABCs of Picture Framing II – Harry Gaston, CPF
1:30–3:00 ABCs of Picture Framing III – Harry Gaston, CPF
3:00–4:30 pm Fundamentals of Design – Tim Franer, CPF, CMG

Evening Social Gathering
6:30–10:00 pm Bowling Event – (Requires special event ticket)
Event ticket includes chartered bus, 2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, and food. Cash bar is also available. Space is limited, reserve early!

Monday June 5, 2017

8:00–9:30 am Breakout Breakfast- All
10:00–12:00 (A) Fabric Wrapped Mats – Tim Franer, CPF, CMG Class (A) Has Sold Out!
10:00–12:00 (B ) Package Pricing – Cliff Wilson, MCPF
12:00–2:00pm Vendor Showcase / Lunch (included)
2:00–2:30pm Meeting and Framing Competition Presentation
2:30–4:30 pm Needle Art Framing A-Z – Jim Miller, MCPF
4:40 pm Thank You and Goodbye

Printable Brochure: CLICK HERE

REGISTRATION AND DETAILED INFO: www.neppfa.com

Back