• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Roma Photo Frames or another brand...?

John Ranes II CPF GCF

Frequent Poster
GCF Guild
Certified Picture Framer®
Company
The Frame Workshop of App
OK, I am looking for some specific stats here on Brand Name Photo Frames...specifically Roma Moulding.

If you currently sell Roma Photo Frames in your shop please share with me how many designs you display and what are your top 5 sellers?

I really don't want to know how you cut down your short scraps and make your own photo frames and readymades, as noble as that may be... :smug: I'm really seeking feedback on pre-manufactured product - If you have an alternative brand line that you sell and it does well, please identify that information if you don't mind sharing.

We currently have about 25 styles, typically sold in 4x6, 5x5, 5x7, and 8x10. We've done well with this line since it replaced Martin Aborn Frames in 2009. I'm just curious who has success and with which styles... Thanks! :thumb:

John

Hi John,

I know you don't want to hear about "shorts," but maybe this will give you some ideas ... besides the "shorts," I buy 100s of feet of the Nurre Minis and make Photo frames from them.
Best sellers by far are 46307, 46309, 46342 sizes 5x7 8x10 and 4x6 in that order. These are the round 5/8" wide with beads on the lip and back edge. In Gold, Silver and Black.

I buy it 400' or more at a time with some nice discounts.

Even with some VERY expensive frames made from shorts in the same sizes and same prices (I price all frames within sizes the same regardless of style [except prisma]), these are by FAR my best sellers.

FYI, I sold just under 900 photo frames last year. approximately 30% were from these three lines.

Actually Cliff,

I was just getting ready to post a comment about you! :) What you are sharing is that by buying length rather than use shorts, you are really creating your own "Branded" line of photo frames in-house with the Nurre label on them. All you lack are the nice boxes, tissue wrap etc. I'm assuming that you cut down easel-backs and use perhaps flexi-points for a nice look and convenience?

Perhaps you can share a couple photos on this thread showing the three top sellers along with your finishing work - We'll make this thread educational. :thumb:

Thanks.

John

P.S. Your three beaded 5/8 inch frames sound like one of our better selling Roma profiles, Metro Urban Black and Metro Urban Gold.

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

I use Craft Inc easel backs and buy legs, backs and hinges separately. Then assemble as needed. That lets me completely control the drop AND, their legs are the strongest I've found available.

When I first started making them, I used the manual Fletcher FlexiMaster Points, but they kept coming out all the time. So, I switched to Infinity hangers as turn buttons, but that was too time consuming. So, I installed air hoses and now use the Fletcher Pneumatic FlexiMaster. Works great.

We wrap all photo frames in green (shop color) tissue paper and put them in green Kraft bags with craft handles. Not boxes, but reasonable presentation.

Back