• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Adhesia Frames

They are long gone. They left a pretty bad taste since they didn't tell most of us they were going, they just quit answering the phone.

I have not found any subtitutes for the 100 or so moulding I carried. If you find any, I would like to hear about them. They were reasonably popular with a particular segment of my market.

Adhisa was initially a manufacturer, and worked primarily for other companies like Roma, Max, Lamarche and LJ (they made the Stradivarius line of mouldings among others). My understanding is that it was a closely held family business and when the patriarch passed away, the rest of the family didn't want to carry on the US branch, or wanted to return to Spain which was the ancestral home. They still have an active web site, and it looks like they are still doing business in Spain. Their foray into distributorship in the US lost them a number of commercial accounts that they were now competing with. It's sad because they had some great, if even a little funky, designs.
Someone in Miami is selling off a bunch of boxes of what appear to be Adhisa product. If you are registered on The Grumble you can see it here: http://www.thegrumble.com/index.php?threads/moulding-for-sale.79840/#post-1028188

Back