• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Superbowl Framing

Mike Labbe

Forum Administrator
Forum Help Team
Company
Get The Picture
Hopefully the framers of the area get a lot of game related framing orders! When this happens, the local distributors usually run out of blue and red mats.

Great game!

ChessboardNEPatriots_zpsb7791241.jpg

This is a chess board I made from mat board some years ago--back when I was allowed to compete. What appears to be a white border in the photo is actually the team-specific silver. Each of the squares was individually applied. Even after all this time there are no visible flaws.

I will always believe that the piece didn't even place in the OPEN Competition because it was in Pittsburgh!:shocked: I think I am kidding, but there is not much support for NE in this land of Steelers & Browns. I don't expect any new business, but I did start the day with some spring in my step.

My faith never flagged,

If your supplier runs out of the mat board colors you need for superbowl framing, there is always the option of layering bevels, each painted a different team color.

For example, when the Cleveland Browns win some day, the top mat could be orange, the bevel brown, then another mat pin-wheeled underneath that would be brown.

Back