• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Pets, pets, pets

Well, there's Mardi, a 90 lb Parti colored Standard poodle (think Holstein patterned), who is also from retriever stock, and like Hank is hydrophobic. He is also the shop dog, and does have his own following.
Stickley and Mackintosh, Smooth Fox Terrierists, who at 8 months (she's 17 days younger than he) are a full time job.
Yard cats Lacey and Darwin.
Then there are the birds. We could do the sequel to The Birds if it were to take place in a more tropical climate.

Eloise is a bearded collie. She is named after Eloise, a little girl that lived in the Plaza Hotel in New York. And she has some of the same characteristics too.

Normally she only barks when she sees a human friend. A higher pitched bark that says "Hello - Hello - Hello - Hello - Hello - Hello - Hello ...", until they come over and say hi. Then she stops.

She doesn't bark at strangers, [Unless they come into our yard, or ring the door bell. That is a deep bark.] She sometimes barks at other dogs she doesn't know, but only after the other dog barks / growls at her...and sometimes she just looks at them strangely.

She likes rabbits and squirrels and doesn't chase them... she just sits and watches them. We had a wild duck that was in our yard for 3 weeks last year, and Eloise would just watch.

She loves to go on walks, but the purpose of walks is to see someone she knows. If she sees no one else on the walk she is disappointed.

She has a good sense of humor. There are two dogs in the neighborhood that don't like Eloise. So when we go for a walk, if these dogs are in their yard, Eloise barks to get them riled up. Then the owner comes out and yells at their dogs to be quiet. When that happens, Eloise just struts away, thinking ' well I got them in trouble'.

Pets make you happier, and you smile more, and if dogs, you walk more.

Russ said "Pets make you happier, and you smile more, and if dogs, you walk more."

Truth! I can show you the spike in my pedometer (iPhone) from March 5, the day we got Stickley and Mackintosh. My steps have increased to just under 10K/day average since then, about doubled.

Back