• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

PPFA Membership

Sue Flynn

Company
Cherry Ridge Picture Framing, LLC
I'm working on renewing my PPFA membership.

What is the difference between
Retail Business ($195) and
Retail Business Delux ($295)

Also, what classifies as an "individual user" or an "organization user?"

It also looks like instead of being able to just renew it's for a new user name and password.
Is this because of PFM being the new owner?

Thanks for your help.
Sue

Sue,

If your business has been a member in the past, you probably want the $195 business membership. This entitles you to list 2 members from your shop and to have a profile on the PPFA Directory. Each additional member is $50.
The $295 Deluxe includes 5 individuals. Every individual in a company will be listed and have their own member number for discounts, etc. This is a change, but will offer a number of benefits in the future.

individual membership is for affiliated trade members or for framers not associated with a business or who are employees of a non-member business who want to join.

Organizational user is a business user. (We should probably change this so it is clearer!)

PFM does not own PPFA. PPFA is owned by Monarch Expositions. The principals of Monarch are affiliated with PFM and WCAF but are not the sole owners. They are three separate organizations.

And yes, you will need a new user name and password. You will also continue to need a separate user account and password on the Framers Corner. The Framers Corner is managed by volunteers, and it is not tied to the PPFA website or directory.

The good news is that you can lose those old user names and passwords from PMA and the old PPFA! :smile:

Please PM me if you have any problems.

I renewed my membership in January. I never received any confirmation. The charge went through on my credit card but I never got any kind of receipt or paperwork or even a sticker that says PPFA Member 2016. I called the number that was on my credit card receipt but I've never been able to reach a live person.

Good morning Sue,

I see your name on the current membership list, which shows that you renewed in December and are all set until 12/31/2016. :thumb:

There is another thread on the forum which mentions a delay sending out recent welcome kits with membership stickers, due to the staff being overwhelmed with preparing for the recent trade show in Las Vegas. The other thread says that they went out to the mailing house this week, and should be arriving in your mailbox soon.

Best regards,
Mike, Volunteer

Sue,
When you renew online, a receipt is emailed to the email address you listed when you registered. Sometimes these are caught by spam folders. But there have been a few cases where there was a typo in the email address entered. Please log back in and make sure your contact information is correct. There is also a 30 day window to start your profile on the PPFA directory. You access it with a code that you should have received when registering.

Once you have started your profile, you can go back at any time to update it. The directory is moderated, and it may take up to 72 hours for changes to appear.

If you--or anyone else--has not received the code or has a code that has expired, you can contact Maureen Robertson, mrobertson@hobbypub.com. It may take some days to get a response since there is a lot going on and people are out of the office a good bit.

Thank you for the responses. I was thinking again this last week that I never got anything. I wonder if I entered in my email addy wrong because I thought it was odd that I never received any kind of confirmation or recp't.

Back