• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Cardinals in cross stitch

Cathy Coggins

Frequent Poster
Company
Needle Craft World
MagazineCardinals.jpg This is the magazine that I sell in my shop.
This is what one of my clients stitched and I framed.
cardinals.jpgOne of my clients liked it so much she stitched this and I just finished framing it.
cardianls.jpgImitation is the best form of flattery. And great stitching is fun to frame. A $5.99 magazine started it all. Well, and then selling the fabric and fibers. And loads of encouragement as stitching on black fabric is worse than framing black fabric.

Beautiful Job! Stitching and Framing. It always amazes me how one item can be framed so differently and still look Fantastic.

Cathy,

Great to see two nice framing presentations that both work for this piece of counted thread.

Many framers think that needlework customers are too frugal, so it is nice to see premium moulding used and triple matted as well. :thumb:

Nice job!

John

Excellent!! - You should be happy to have customers with such talent and you should be very proud of your work and the way you presented their cross stitch.

Many framers think that needlework customers are too frugal...
That's true in a few cases, but I find that most of my needlework customers realize that they are already heavily invested into their piece, in terms of materials cost and time, so they might as well get the most out of that investment by framing it creatively and doing it right.
:cool: Rick

Back