• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

2014-15 Competition Print

Gregory K. Norris CPF

RIP Past PPFA President 2016-2018
Certified Picture Framer®

In Remembrance

Rest In Peace

Company
Huntington Hall of Frames
It is rumored that the competition print for this year has sold out. There should still be a number of them in the hands of the chapters. If you haven't got yours yet, be sure to contact your competition chair or president right away.:shocked:

I'll never tell, but I guarantee there is more than one in my shop!! :playful:

OBTW, just placed first in our chapter OPEN competition. :) :first:

Look Susan Look!!! Cliff just used the WHACKY emoticon, Framer's Corner is NOT always serious!!!

But now it's gonna get all serious again because I used so many colors. :sorrow:

Congratulations Cliffie! Of course you placed first. It was probably a frame inside a frame inside a frame and the doubled as a credenza.

No serious though Cliff, you have such brilliant ideas, still waters do run deep. That's a compliment. Quiet people always merit further study as they have so much going on in their brains. So they are so fascinating. Have so much to learn from you Cliff, and you have always been so generous when queried. But now with you competing, the game is on. You are gonna steam roll me, but I will still try. :shame:

Looks like we will have lots of entries this year! Be sure to check with your Chapter Presidents to get a print. Some chapters do still have prints available and PPFA is going to reorder. This print is a Fun Piece and you could frame it up to be really eye catching

Look forward to all the great entries that will be on display!

It is rumored that the competition print for this year has sold out. There should still be a number of them in the hands of the chapters. If you haven't got yours yet, be sure to contact your competition chair or president right away.:shocked:

We sold all 10 of our prints at our last meeting...we are happy about that! I hope everyone that bought one will enter!:shame:

Way to Go ADELA!!!!! You can get more if needed Just contact Nick!

FYI you can only sell to those in your own chapter, I dont know about chapter to chapter sales though, I assume it's okay. Some one can correct me if there is a rule about it.

In that case a member outside the chapter can contact a member inside that chapter to buy a print for them.
It seems easier to offer the prints for sale thru the PPFA store only instead of thru chapters. All one has to do is click a few buttons, pay and Nick will post it out to you.

Sorry Kai, that won't work.
Part of buying a PRINT is registering to participate in the chapter's competition.
Also, some chapters (Ours for instance) charge an addition small entry fee to offset things like prizes and ribbon costs.
The "chapter entry fee" varies. Some don't add a fee and I have seen as much as double the cost of the print.
I believe we (New England) charge a $15 chapter entry fee.

So, I guess as long as you worked it out with your chapter competition coordinator you'd be fine.

Sorry Kai, that won't work.
Part of buying a PRINT is registering to participate in the chapter's competition.
Also, some chapters (Ours for instance) charge an addition small entry fee to offset things like prizes and ribbon costs.
The "chapter entry fee" varies. Some don't add a fee and I have seen as much as double the cost of the print.
I believe we (New England) charge a $15 chapter entry fee.

So, I guess as long as you worked it out with your chapter competition coordinator you'd be fine.

If a chapter has extra prints that they may not be able to sell within their own chapter, couldn't they have the chapter that needs extras purchase the prints at the PPFA price from the chapter with extra prints? That way everyone gets what they need and no one loses. It seems like a pretty simple solution.

If a chapter has extra prints that they may not be able to sell within their own chapter, couldn't they have the chapter that needs extras purchase the prints at the PPFA price from the chapter with extra prints? That way everyone gets what they need and no one loses. It seems like a pretty simple solution.
Of course. No problem.

Back