• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Do you gift?

Mikki Kavich MCPF

Frequent Poster
Master Certified Picture Framer®
Company
Mikki's Frame Shop
Wondering if and who you gift.
I do something for my two main drivers and the people at the warehouse, cookies, banana bread kind of things and I do the same for my mail person.
I was watching a morning show and their list of people to give holiday "tips" to was extensive.

Just curious.

Wondering if and who you gift.
I do something for my two main drivers and the people at the warehouse, cookies, banana bread kind of things and I do the same for my mail person.
I was watching a morning show and their list of people to give holiday "tips" to was extensive.

Just curious.
I buy Dunkin' Donuts Gift certificates in $25 and $10 denominations.
UPS, FedEx, Window Washer ... get $10 GC
Drivers get $25 GC except my "main" one who helps out a lot gets 2 $25 GC.
Mail person $25
I buy about $300 worth of GCs and there's usually a couple of $10s left at the end.

By having a stack sitting here, I have some ready in case I forgot someone. ;)

We do about same as Cliff, even from the same place! :) (DD card for drivers, fedex, ups, postal carrier, window washers)

We also send gifts to our top 10 best customers. Usually it is a local fruit basket or a tower of treats w/pears from Harry & David. This year we did something different and sent preserves from http://clearbrookfarms.com/ We did it earlier this year, a few days after Thanksgiving. Most of the customers have come in and placed orders since, and remarked about the gift. The preserves were a hit!

Mike

We also send gifts to our top 10 best customers. Usually it is a local fruit basket or a tower of treats w/pears from Harry & David. This year we did something different and sent preserves from http://clearbrookfarms.com/ We did it earlier this year, a few days after Thanksgiving. Most of the customers have come in and placed orders since, and remarked about the gift. The preserves were a hit!

Mike

Great Idea Mike!

I am a small framer and work by appointment from my home shop.

I normally pick up most of my supplies from a local distributor as I am generally within 5 minutes of their place several times a week, or I have them ordered in from out of state. I will be dropping off some Danish Cherry Strudel for my wonderful local distributor on the 23rd or 24th.

Back