• Welcome to the Framer's Corner Forum, hosted by the Professional Picture Framers Association. (PPFA)
    You will have to register a free account, before you can SEARCH or access the system. If you have already registered, please LOG IN
    If you have already registered, but can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it.

Autographed Driver's Suit and Photo

Liz Chase

Frequent Poster
Company
The Frame Shop at Lakeside
Here's a shadow box we just finished. It's an autographed driver's suit, along with a signed photo of the driver wearing the suit, in his race car. The design uses 3 suede mats and a blue fillet inside the black frame. Simple and understated, but impressive overall. Most importantly, the customer loved it!

Like the way the photo overlaps the garment. I did one recently with a photo of the sportsman signing the shirt with the new owner of the shirt looking over his shoulder with proud eyes bulging out of his sockets. Oh yeah, this going to be mine! The look on the customer's face in that photo - unforgettable. Whereas the rugby-player was just smiling into the camera. Signing autographs is what he does regularly.

Anyway, the photo I mounted onto black foam and attached to the bottom of the shirt with velcro sewn to the shirt. I placed it at a slight angle to give an informal look.

Look at all the sponsors on this framed jersey. Without the sponsors, and a plain jersey motorsport is probably not viable.
The wrinkles must be part of the history of the jersey. Just imagine what happens if you try to iron the jersey!

Thanks for sharing Liz. An inspiration for us.

I did one recently with a photo of the sportsman signing the shirt with the new owner of the shirt looking over his shoulder with proud eyes bulging out of his sockets. Oh yeah, this going to be mine! The look on the customer's face in that photo - unforgettable. Whereas the rugby-player was just smiling into the camera. Signing autographs is what he does regularly.

Anyway, the photo I mounted onto black foam and attached to the bottom of the shirt with velcro sewn to the shirt. I placed it at a slight angle to give an informal look.
A picture is worth a thousand words! Show us!

Back